Rabu, April 12, 2006

Happy Birthday to ME!

I keep telling myself that birthday has nothing to be expected. I just another day and I try to treat as equal as the other day. Well I just wished I could.

It started from the day before the celebration, I did told myself to be as casual as I could. As usual everyone pretend they don't even know about it. They tried their best not to talk about it in front of me. Everybody used the sign language as if I don't understand. Well they did act weird and what even more suspicious than that?

I went back to the hostel in fatigue. During my last class I couldn't even lift my pen. All my friend went out for jogging but I choosed to stay and played games. Later maghrib passed and I still in control. I made a round in every room of my friends and had chatting here and there. Things were getting boring enough and I decided to watch band competition video. Time passed and after a slot of watching the video along with few technical problem, I watched the clock.

It was 15 minute before 12 o clock. Suddenly I decided to made the suprise to be impossible. I visited all the room again and stayed in the room where they used to held the birthday party. At last they spilled the beans. In the very crucial 1 minute before the clock strucked 12. Somebody uttered my name.

"Fadly...pegi lar buat2 tido ker, aper ker, budget lar skit...org nak buat birthday party ko nih...camner kitaorg nak prepare"

They stop their pretention at last. One by one opened the door checking whether the party had started or not. A quiet place suddenly turned into a bit noisy with the sound of my friend opened the door and running along the hall way.

Just 15 minutes later, I had my 'suprise party' at last. It was held in the room which of course with a lot of slippers and shoes in front of it (guys! isn't it so obvious!). Then everybody shrieked 'SUPRISE'!. I cut the cake, we ate them and play the game 'Truth or Dare' which of course most of the question they knew I couldn't answer it in front of so many people (nothing dirty ok). Then I got plenty of present, We hug each other and went back to sleep.

Next morning I woke up really early. I don't know why. People say this thing happens if we are really expecting the day but seriously I was not waiting and I was really sure about that. We reached the lecture hall just in time before the lecture started(of course by a really enourmously fast taxi). Just when I was about to take my seat, a lot of my friend which most of them are not staying in the hostel greet me with tons wishes of 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY!'. Some of them shouted it from far behind despite our lecturer was already there, ready to give the lecture thus made it a little more obvious that that day was my birthday.

During the break, again more greetings and plenty more present. The day proceed then and somehow I just afraid of walking in the corridor as everytime as I passed by any Malaysian, they kept saying happy and happy birthday. This is not to mention with lot of SMS that I received at the same time. How I could say, I really tried my best not to blush.

Still I didn't treat any special to the day. I was not expecting anything. I'm glad people wished me but more than that I never expected anything from them.

At the very end of the day suddenly, out of nowhere I felt really really sad. I really didn't know why. I kept thinking to myself; if I'm not expecting anything why I should be sad of something?. Then somehow I realized, maybe it is because of the overwhelming wish from alot of people. To know that a lot of people remind about you, there for you is really something and just for that I think even though I was not expecting anything but still I wanted to cry not because it is sad but in the other way it was really happy to me.

I know there will be a suprise party, it is a custom. I know there will be present, it is more like a tradition but I never aware that the feeling is something that you'll never expected and maybe I felt sad as I have to wait for another one year to feel the same way again.

But for a very happy and wonderful day, I want to thank all people that made it so out of this world; my family, my friends. Of course above of all THANK YOU ALLAH!.

1 ulasan:

Tanpa Nama berkata...

Happy Belated Birthday to you.semoga kehidupan ko sentiasa dilimpahi berkat dan berjaya dalam pelajaran dan kehidupan.maafkan aku sebab tak ingat bila hari jadi ko(dan juga orang2 lain ven adik beradik aku sendiri).bagi aku,ia cuma satu hari biasa yang akan tetap kene ditempuhi dan dilalui tanpa ada sesuatu yang yang istimewa,tapi ia terpulang pada individu.
apa apa pon...Selamat Hari Jadi.Ur very lucky person!