Ahad, April 30, 2006

10 Reasons why I still don't have a girlfriend...

Why? This is my answer...

1. Because my family say no!

My family told me to stay in focus with my academic. My sister is the one who are most disagree of me finding a girlfriend. She say it distarct my academic, it consume our money and at the end instead of carrying something, we come back with nothing. Besides, family come in package with barakah, so I choose barakah.

2. There been so much drama!

I still remember when I was in secondary school. Everyone were talking about soap drama. What happens in yesterday's episode, who leave, who stay. Well here, we still keep track of it. Just wait, hear and see. Suddenly, you will know someone is leaving someone, someone don't like with someone, someone been regret with someone. Then come the third person. After that people start to discuss , why that things happens. Is it his fault, her fault or maybe it is because of their family? have we consider it yet?

Well sitting in this small community where information move in the speed of light. You should be ready to be the centre of attention in you want to get involve in having a girlfriend or boyfriend.

3. Emotion are messy, tuck them neatly and come in clean!

Have you heard that one of the condition for a quran hafidz to enter a madrasah that they should not been married yet. If they are not married of course they can't have any girlfriend right? They say it will be an obstacle for them to remember the surah. I don't know if it have any connection with lust. But I think the teachers don't want them to get distracted. Well of course I am not a quran hafidz but still I am medic student and the reality is I do have a lot to remember too. Do I like to be distracted? no I don't think so.

4. The half-life is short

So far most of the couple that I see doesn't stay long. At last they end up leaving each other. I think they lost 'the special thing' and there are nothing that bond them. So they make a decision to leave each other. If they are lucky they're still friend or maybe they eventually cursing each other carrying each other bad name.


5. Most of them lost in the fight with lust.

No parent, no authority to stuck you ear with a lot of no, isn't that heaven?. Yes, this is what happens here. We've been told which are halal and which are haram. Holding hand is haram, staring at each other eyes is haram. 'Don't come any nearer to zina!' we knew that but why we keep doing the thing?

Because we can't control the desire. I hate those thing and to the fact I am no better than them in this knowledge of Islam so I better put it to rest just for a while.


6. There is so much hope!

When we like or admire or fall in love with somebody, we tend to hope. We hope that she/he talk to us, we hope that he/she return our call, we hope he/she smile to us and the list still go on. The more we involve into we tend to hope more. We have something and we tend to ask more it can't be helped.

7. There is so much pain, and it is so hurt

Then, when the hope prove to be a failure, we strain with agony. There've been so much pain. It is just like hanging to a rope. When the rope broke, we felt and the feeling when we hit the bottom is just unbearable. We cry, we do stupid things. Without we even realize we became a child crying over a sweet. Everything went wrong and we realize we feel that we've been so stupid.


8. Restriction to the source of my happiness

A lot of us didn't realize that when we fall in love, we tend to restrict the things that make us happy. Most of them we say, just come from our lover. Even worse we left things that we like.

So, if we want to talk about possibilities, I think that is why these people tend to be unhappy rather than happy.

9. I want to build a strong foundation first.

Other than education, wealth, knowledge and iman, it is friendship that I want to talk about. Friendship is the most humanity relationship. Before we ever try to start any relationship with other people than our family, I think this thing is vital. Someone that can say us when it is enough and someone to catch us when we fall.

True Friendship is not pretencious. Sometimes, compare it to the couple of lovers, friends are even happening. They smile, laugh without even feel any shame of it.

10. It is not the time yet

Of all the things, I think the time is still not right. Of course I do have someone in mind, but I tell to myself 'Lets wait'. If you see me declaring with someone that means you'll going to have an invitation to eat nasi minyak for free anytime sooner.

Though I say those 10 things. I still do have respect with some couple who been separated thousand miles over the continent and sea. If they maintain like that, and still they behave when they see each other, I think they're in the right track. Impossible? I have seen some. Islam is the right way of life. Why dont we follow it?

external link

  • culture of friendship
  • I like to read this, it remind us how we neglect the value of friendship.


  • Love


  • Credit to wikipedia.org

    1 ulasan:

    Hafiz berkata...

    nice entry there.

    "Restriction to the source of my happiness"...yeah, certainly agree with that statement. There's more in this temporal life to be enjoy than the so-called lover :)

    just passing by though