Ahad, Mac 12, 2006

Let face the fact..No! I mean the reality...

Remember when you still a student been a lot of people who told you... that no matter how hard you learn but still learning is nothing to compare with what you have to do during your work.

I thought it is not completely true. Maybe there are some part of it which are not completely wrong but somehow we must also consider not to denied that it is vice versa.

Then I came to what I am now. The way of physician, along with the others whose medic become their style of life. Now here come another fact: in medic nothing you can do without your knowledge. Again nothing to deny, the are names of drugs that you have to remember, tons of disease you have to know, not to mention along with its treatment, oh not to forget the name of the part that you want to treat or to imply the drug.

Well considering this two fact, aren't it confusing enough?

I think this is why they called them as theory. Theory prove us eventhough it is fact but it is not always become the proof in everything.

Why I say such thing? Actually it all happened this week during our practical with the procedural nurse. We suppose to see how to do the injection, how to insert it and what is the procedure to we have to follow.

You can ask us anything. Most of them are already in our head. The solution, the type of syringe, the length of needle. You name it we give it to you.

But eventually the hardest time came when we been asked to do it. One of my friend came forward and took the challenge, first came the subcutaneus and gladly it went on without any complication 100 % like the book has said. Hehe but when it came to intramuscular, suddenly something happened. I don't know how to put this but what I can say, the needle don't went into the gluteus muscle(the buttock) instead it been repelled back. My friend tried it again but to no avail. Our nurse just smile to us and said "Nada rizka i vistra"(Need to be sharp and fast).

Everything is just according to the manual but what book doesn't tell us; is how to get ready to imply the fact, how to make sure that we are not afraid to do the procedure because unless you try it yourself, you experience it yourself, you can't actually say that you know everything.

Let's just not face the fact, let's also face the reality. Knowing is not enough, Seeing is not always believing until you experience it yourself, you do it yourself. Somehow I am so grateful that I learn medicine here in Russia where we can already practice on the real patient, feel the anxiety because doing it on that lifeless doll is different than the real patience and I bet being the real doctor is completely a different story....

Still I have nothing to fuss..just sharing my experience. I think it is me who have to do the injection next week....isk

Tiada ulasan: